Saturday, April 28, 2007

Riverbend

"There are moments when the injustice of having to leave your country, simply because an imbecile got it into his head to invade it, is overwhelming."
All the stomach acid I've generated over the months worrying about this girl! She vanishes from the blog for long periods, from time to time. I restrain myself from querying the Family in Bagdhad folks, cuz I know they're fielding questions. But she always turns up, as J #4 said. Or maybe it was J#3? It's occurred to me that her Publisher, for pete's sake, shoulda coulda musta tried to get her out. Having been a faithful reader of her "Bagdhad Burning" blog for 3 or more years, I did buy her book, but gave it as a gift.

To say the least. The collective guilt I feel a part of - my wonderful country did this to other human beings. Faiza posted a UTube link showing her "Beautiful Bagdhad" being desecrated.

No comments: