Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Jarrod

Andrew's Best Friend Forever died in a car crash last night. For about 4 hours this morning I didn't know where Andrew was. Jarrod was his single Mom's only child; they were probably as close as Joe and I were during his younger teens. I can't even partially imagine the pain. I believe I would still be screaming. Andrew and one of the "girl" friends and her mom were en route to J's house by 11AM and there now, still, I imagine. Leah says Mom is a woman of faith, and I do pray her church folk are there for her. Perhaps that would make her way a bit easier.

I do believe there are other dimensions we can pass to. I believe light and learning abound there. We scream only for ourselves in this one, even knowing that. Leah said she was going to urge Andrew to spend the night there (if Mom wanted) and my first thought was: knowing that "other" little boy - young man - was in that room and MY SON WOULD NEVER be there again would kill me. I'd scream all night, as well. I don't even know this woman, never met her, but the urge to hug her and cry with her is overwhelming me right now. There will be those close to her doing that right now, again I pray.

No comments: